What technology are you looking for today?
January 23, 2018 8:01 pm

How To Use Alternative Power Systems To Generate Renewable Energy?

Renewable energy is a form of power we’ve been utilizing for over a millennium, though not in the ways you’d expect. We’ve used wind power to power along boats and ships, but also to grind grain in windmills. Solar power has been used to heat pipes for hot water and water power provided an alternative for grinding grain in water mills. Today, our need for power is different as we use primarily electricity for all of our needs. However, to generate this electricity, we still utilize many of the world’s natural properties to create it. Solar panels absorb sunlight and create usable electricity, wind turbines use the kinetic energy of the blade turning to create electricity. These are all alternative power systems for our home.

Solar Panels

Solar panels are becoming cheaper by the day and have become the number one renewable energy power system for the home after commercial options. It provides an easy method of creating electricity and lasts several decades with good maintenance. The lack of moving parts means it wears down much slower than many of its other counterparts. The size of the solar panel determines the productiveness of said device and many can be used in series for more electrical production.

While they are costly, more so as the size goes up, their ease of use and efficiency, even on cloudy days, makes them the preferred option for most homeowners wishing to use renewable energy. It can be utilized to power the lighting or certain appliances. Many users opt to charge deep cycle batteries for later use.

Wind Turbines

Wind turbines are much more costly and larger than solar panels. Additionally, they may create noise and have a number of moving parts, meaning they require maintenance. The costs grow if you’re not trained to deal with such maintenance as you will need to have a technician come out to do said task. However, some of the costs are balanced out as you can connect the wind turbine to the power grid and sell the electricity back to the companies.

There are two types of wind turbine; Mast-mounted, which are free standing and erected in an exposed position and can create up to 6kW of power and the roof-mounted, which is installed on the roof if there’s a suitable source of wind and can create up to 2kW in power. While considerably more than solar panels, the costs and work make them more undesirable for homeowners looking for an easier fix. I have personally managed to build my own home DIY renewable energy system by following an online system which you can find out more about at my website link below.

Do you want to learn how to build Alternative Power Systems at home? Do not do it because the author has found many useless guides online. Download the Best Step-By-Step Home Energy Guides at http://www.renewableenergysystemreview.com/download.htm!

Article from articlesbase.com

Find out how a family of 7 built a 5000 square foot house themselves. They had no prior framing, building, electrical, plumbing or heating experience – yet they built the house for under 000! Greater still…see how they make their own electricity, pump their water, and heat the house for less than per winter. You will be inspired to see how this family accomplishes all this and more. Their buildings include the 5000 square foot house PLUS a 2500 square foot wood shop. Everything runs on their own electricity – free from the electric company and power grid. They use all of the same appliances that everyone else has…and more. You have to see this video for yourself! www.alternativepowervideo.com http www.cheniere.org

Related Alternative Power Articles

12 Responses to How To Use Alternative Power Systems To Generate Renewable Energy?

1. RainArborNox says:

LOL!! Exactly! To build within the code laws you would have to be wired and plumbed. They can’t make you use the Power company or water company to receive your power and water. You just have to have the hardware in place for the inspectors. Then when you do sell or move on, all the new owner has to do is hook it up 🙂 btw I love conversing with you , your obviously an intelligent person .

2. martiwf0 says:

The trick is to build it conventionally with AC and properly wired to the grid. Then add the solar panels, power inverters, etc… Just leave the windows open and don’t run the AC or any of the other modern conveniences. To save money on power, most of us just turn everything off.

3. martiwf0 says:

It is a lovely home for sure. My point is, the American family lives in the same home for an average of 12 years these days before selling and moving on. Not everyone has cash to purchase a home. A non conventional home like this one would not qualify for FHA or VA financing. I doubt few mortgage companies would consider it either. If I were to build something like it, I would have to accept the fact that it will be the last home I’d ever own because I couldn’t sell it if I wanted to.

4. RainArborNox says:

ok, AC is big for you, but not everyone requires it. An open window,or a ceiling fan are adequate for those of us who have learned to acclimate our bodies . Stone or concrete flooring helps also. Refrigeration is a must in most homes but some find they don’t need it. All in all this way of life isn’t for everyone ,but when families like mearbhrach’s make it work and show the world it can be done people take notice. New inventions are being made everyday like the bloom box. I love being off grid!

5. martiwf0 says:

I am an electrical engineer and have a lot of experience determining power loads for homes. It is not likely this home would have the modern comforts of AC because the demand for power would be far too much for what appears to be available. I would think there is barely enough to work the lights and fridge. My grandparents had something similar when they had no power at all and used coal oil to light their home. Perhaps this home is not in a hot humid place and AC is not needed.

6. RainArborNox says:

@martiwf0 $2400.00 And they last 3-5 years. My electric bill was 200.00 a month in a800 sq ft 2 bedroom home 6 years ago….This is a 5000 sq ft home.

7. RainArborNox says:

@martiwf0 Did he say he received a loan? I must have missed that part. If I had to pick between insuring a house ( properly wired according to codes)that had small amounts of electricity running through it and a house with the copious amount of electricity we have in the standard home.I think the safer bet would be the first one. I myself live in Mississippi and have no AC . My body has adjusted . 32 x 75$(just a number off the top of my head, some are cheaper) is how much ?

8. martiwf0 says:

No bank would loan money to a potential buyer because the utilities are non-conventional. And I cannot even guess how diffucult it would be to get home-owner’s insurance. There is no inverter out there powerful enough to provide the current for a 10-ton AC if this place was in a hot climate area. Lastly, you have to replace your batteries every 3 years. That would be thousands of dollars and would just about bring you even with what you think you saved on normal power consumption.

9. lnlwholsale says:

Hello, I’d like to start off by saying, “WOW” building your own house without any prior experience is great. I have adopted the same way of thinking as you, and I’d like to get any info I possibly can that will help me along the way. Is there anyway that you can share some the info that you have attained, ie. how you started the build, materials needed, manuals & recommended books, etc. If you could help me out, it would be more than appreciated. Thank You

10. eranshaer says:

i am intrested in building my own home kindda like u, where am i gonna get any information about construction and self made elecrtical power??

11. TOPCOPPER509 says:

do you have an email address that you can send me so i can further follow up on this …. this is exactly what i have been looking for …. thanks

12. vudumojo says: