What technology are you looking for today?
December 12, 2017 7:30 pm

HealthCom2010: Smart Phone Interfaces to Wireless Health Sensors

Flash (Lightning) presentation from HealthCom2010. There were nearly sixty papers to cover so time was strictly limited to three minutes – this served as an introduction so that people could ask questions and get further information at the presenter’s stand outside the theatre. Slides and paper: hughobrien.ie Conference info: www.ieee-healthcom.org

technology.discovery.com — Scientists are harnessing computing systems such as the Internet and embedded sensing networks to keep tabs on the world. What they learn could help us observe ecologies we’ve never seen before, identify endangered species and even see health trends that could adversely affect large populations. In this wide angle, we’ll take a look at the technologies on mission to save the world.
Video Rating: 4 / 5

27 Responses to HealthCom2010: Smart Phone Interfaces to Wireless Health Sensors

1. themmadyoo7 says:

Give me the detail PDF report to creativemelbourne@gmail.com thanks

2. Whutha1 says:

which is…there!

3. DiscoveryNetworks says:

Sorry. I’ll try to snap it up a bit. I’m a writer/editor. Not a tv personality. But they got me doing these video on Youtube now. Thanks for the feedback! –TRacy

4. DiscoveryNetworks says:

Thanks!
    -Tracy

5. SonarWavePulse says:

How so? XD

6. weatherwar says:

im pretty sure technology was what destroyed the world in the first place. Middle ages, ok now we have shapened sticks and shapened rocks, lets poke people with them.

7. JonRut101 says:

ur a fag

8. bronan19 says:

MATRIX

9. SonarWavePulse says:

ALL YOUTUBERS!!!
    A massive prank will be pulled on “comedian” Fred on youtube.
    What is trying to be done is get everyone that has a subscription to fred, to unsubscribe. If this is succsesful, then it will make the news, cause controversy, and best of all, destroy fred!
    COPY & PASTE IF YOU SUPPORT THIS!!
    PASTE ON OTHER VIDEOS ALSO

(THE UNSUBSCRIBING WILL BEGIN ON JUNE 1st) FRED SUCKS DICK HES A LIL DOUCHE BAG

10. XbenjaminXL3 says:

If you start reading thins you CANT stop .Once ther was a little girl named Cecilia.She was a little 7 year old who got strangled and raped by a man =.If you dont post this to 15 other videos you will see CCecilia standing at the end of your bed with a knife and she will kill you
    You have to do this by midnight or you will be dead

11. jccaw says:

Wow the pole is really close right now 48% wind power and 52% tissue engineering I voted for tissue engineering because that means engineering human DNA and there is so much wind power things on discovery networks.

12. jccaw says:

The straw is actually very old and is very cheap like 5 bucks for 6 months. I think it was invented almost 20 years ago not sure though.

13. dennster1933 says:

PLEASE DONT READ THIS!In 1971 a guy named Kyle an his girlfriend Emily were in side a house that was said to claim peoples lives if they entered the house.The next morning a guy named Alex saw fingernail marks on the door.if you dont post this to 5 videos, youll be getting a visit from Kyle and Emily tonight!WARNING:this has been proved to be real,i value my life!whoever reads this may God be with you! I TRULY DO APOLOGIZE!!! PS i got this from another vid ( i am not taking my chances

14. LOWKIYO1 says:

fuck off fag!!!…subscribe to this 8=====D

15. ElGatoLoco698 says:

Whoah, I kind of like this chick. She’s smart and doesn’t look half bad. 2:00 looks like the guy is smoking pot or something. I have used those drinking straws before. It doesn’t do much to make the water taste better but it works.

16. Fuzzy192006 says:

I want to suck the penis of Jesus.

17. whattod0now says:

ALL YOUTUBERS!!!
    A massive prank will be pulled on “comedian” Fred on youtube.
    What is trying to be done is get everyone that has a subscription to fred, to unsubscribe. So suscribe to fred if you haven’t, and then unsuscribe on june 1st. If this is succsesful, then it will make the news, cause controversy,
    COPY & PASTE IF YOU SUPPORT THIS!!
    PASTE ON OTHER VIDEOS ALSO
    ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★
    (THE UNSUBSCRIBING WILL BEGIN ON JUNE 1st)

18. koolwilly123 says:

how do you make that kind of comment?

19. PuppetXeno says:

Despite the regular overload of DeadliesCatch I keep sub’d to DiscoveryNetworks actually mainly because of the tech updates (and mythbusters :P) – I’m often pleasantly surprised with what I see – like the life straw today!

And Tracy’s doing a good job – no nonsense, just to the point summarizing what’s been going on.

I often find myself taking quite the time browsing the web on topics mentioned here, triggered by the report.

Just wanted to say that,
    Thanks, and keep it up!

20. kwlboy27 says:

dnt read this(cuz it really wrks). u will gt kissd on the nearest frieday by the love of ur life. 2mara wll b the bst day of ur life hwever if you dnt post ths comment 2 at least 3 vids u will die withn 2 days

21. Lukie99 says:

That straw really looks cool.
    I’d like to get one actually.
    I think that’s a really good invention, especially after watching FLOW : For love of water!

22. eeezmymind says:

i love the info but, this reporter is BOOOOOOOOOORRRR-ING!

23. bpyjktgiuk says:

Have you heard of the brain chip – CHECK MY SITE.

24. sliumva says:

bushmen using GPS to track wildlife, a life straw to filter dirty water on the spot man i luvvv technology.

25. TheOnlyVenture says:

not anymore

26. teemuruskeepaa says:

Hi Tracy, I gave the video 2* because the tempo is slow, the news are sketchy and your mentality is bored

27. Felimann says: